Keep it wheel. With MINI Original Wheels & Tyres.
For distinctive drivers.
Winter tyres are having a special profile. Numerous lamellas ensure better grip on the roads in wet and snowy conditions, as well as getting rid of excess water. Thanks to the sophisticated profile structure a modern winter tyre offers very good traction (especially on the mountain and at stopping) and cornering stability - different to the summer tyres. The numbers are proofing it: Winter tyres are reducing the braking distance about the half compared to summer tyres.
Comparison breaking distance winter - and summer tyres (50 km/h on snow)
Winter- and summer-tyres in comparison.
Characteristics of winter tyres.
- Winter tyres are made out of special, adapted for coldness, rubber-mixtures. Therefore they ensure best grip also at very low temperatures.
- Furthermore they are having lengthways- and crossways-lamellas which open, when the tyre starts rolling. These ensure a high level of traction and direction-stability, even at snowy conditions.
Characteristics of summer tyres.
- The special rubber-mixture never gets to soft– even at very warm temperatures.
- Summer tyres guarantee a high level of direction-stability and steer-accuracy also at a high speed.
- Optimal in terms of driving comfort, acoustic and rolling resistance.
Under 7 degrees with MINI Originial winter tyres.
Already at temperatures under 7 degrees our winter tyres offer more safety.
Wear and tear.
Winter tyres are far more durable in cold temperatures. In the cold time of the year summer tyres tear 40% faster than winter tyres.
Braking distance on wet ground.
With cold and wet weather the braking distance of the winter tyres is shortened up to 10%.
Braking distance on snowy ground.
At icy conditions the braking distance of the winter tyres is shortened up to 50%.
Under 7 degrees? Winter tyres!
Already at temperatures under 7 degrees summer tyres cannot unfold there maximum performance anymore, as the rubber-mixture begins to stiffen. This is especially affects the driveability of your MINI. Winter tyres are made out of special rubber-mixtures, which are very cold-resistant and therefore ensure grip, also at very low temperatures.